Most homeowners try to make a house as visually appealing as possible when constructed. That includes enhancing curb appeal, which brings us to the conversation.
Garage doors act as key contributors to curb appeal. They are the first thing any visitor sees when they pull up. Therefore, the type and design of the door you choose can greatly impact the first impression you make.
However, homeowners often tend to get confused while purchasing a garage door. After all, it is a one-time purchase. The number of options can be intimidating. What happens is that most people end up going with the most picked type, the steel doors.
However, these people do not realize how diverse even this one Variety of Garage Doors is. If you are one of these buyers looking for a garage door appropriate for your needs, you have come to the right place.
This article will cover all the different steel doors for your garage. Hopefully, by the time you are done with it, you will have a clearer idea of what best suits your needs.
Steel Garage Doors
1. Classic Panel Garage Doors
The steel panel door is probably the most common of the different categories people prefer. It is easily accessible and budget-friendly. Therefore, most contractors and homeowners go for it.
- A solid door with short panels and white paint is what you are likely to see in this category while driving around the neighborhood. However, you can make your changes to own a unique panel glass door.
- You can begin by determining whether you want short panels or long ones. If you’re looking for a standard-sized door, you can get 16 short or 8 long panels. It usually depends on the frequency of the opening and closing of your garage door.
- However, personal preference needs to be accounted for as well. Factor in all these points before you decide the number of panels.
- A window is an option as well. You can add it to the top section. The variety ranges from plain to grilled, camping, and iron patterns. They are present in arched and rectangular shapes too!
- Finally comes the color. You can opt for any color of your interest. It may be true that steel panel doors are common, but they don’t have to be bland and dull!
2. Carriage House Garage Doors
Although not popular a while back, carriage doors have slowly gained publicity. They tend to go amazingly well with architectural-styled buildings. These may include farmhouses, artisans, colonial, etc.
- A plus point is that they offer diversity to the homeowner. Owing to their overlay patterns, they can be easily customized according to your needs.
- Originally, carriage garage doors were made of wood. However, the material was switched to steel due to its low durability. These days, a typical carriage door has a regular overhead operation of any other modern door. This can be surprising as these doors are based on old-fashioned swing-out models.
- An all-white classic coat is the commonly preferred one. However, you can opt for varying contrasts, the optimal being a two-toned finish with different overlay colors and base.
3. Wood-Look Garage Doors
If you have a high-end budget, this might be your choice. Wood garage doors can be expensive. However, this Garage Doors Maintenance is what takes a toll on your wallet.
- Keeping that in view, most homeowners have increasingly been going for steel doors with wood looks. A steel base with a woodgrain finish and faux wood composite is the typical style in this category.
- It doesn’t matter whether you go for a traditional or custom look. A wood-look finish has its class. It helps your garage door stand out among others in the neighborhood.
4. Modern Garage Doors
It may be true that traditionally styled garage doors are dominant in the market. However, Modern Garage Doors have their fair share of popularity too.
- They are constructed to be simpler, focusing on sleek bases rather than overlay patterns. However, simplicity doesn’t put a restriction on creativity. There’s still a lot of potential in these doors.
- To put it in perspective, you can give the door a bold finish to help it stand out. Although certain contrast combos are usually followed, we have seen multiple out-of-the-way combos being pulled off beautifully. Therefore, give it your best shot and see how it turns out!
In the end, we recommend Paragon Garage Doors and Locksmith LLC, and whether it is a new door you want to be installed or an old one attended to, you can contact them. Their team of experts will ensure your demands are met completely.
The company has a great reputation and received 5-star reviews from its clients for its services in many states. Hence, you need not worry about the quality of their work.